Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Annual Granada Hills Christmas Parade

The Granada Hills Christmas parade has become an annual tradition with my sister Monica and I. Of course I can only attend if I am in town. This was Josiah's first year and he really loved it, probably because he got to spend time with his favorite cousin, Madison. When I was a cheerleader at Patrick Henry Jr. High I got to march in the parade, a very exciting moment in my Jr. High life. It's fun to see the community come together and enjoy the day. One thing that was different this year is that more and more people were saying "Merry Christmas". I guess it is the politically correct thing to say "Happy Holidays" and so it was nice that it seems some people don't care to be PC during the Christmas season. I also noticed that this year there weren't a gazillion boy and girl scouts marching so that was a pleasant change.



MY HIGH SCHOOL, THEIR BAND GETS SMALLER AND SMALLER EVERY YEAR. GO JFK COUGARS!!!


2 comments:

Kristin Casebolt said...

I was once in that Parade too! Twice actually. I danced my way down Chatsworth St with my dance class as well as with Drill Team in 8th grade. I bet it was fun for you to bring Josiah to it!

The Chau Family said...

Looks like you're having a great time being back in SoCal!