Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Year End Review

One of my favorite things about the end of the year is watching all the shows on tv documenting this past year.....ok enough with Obama. I also love looking at magazine with the year in pictures. So, I thought I'd share my top 10 happenings in the Rehurek family in the year 2008.

10. Israel Missionary Conference
We never thought we would make it to Israel in this life time. Jon always joked that the only Israel he would see would be the "new Jerusalem". It was amazing to see the Holy Land. I love reading my Bible now because it really comes alive!
9. 8 Years Of Marriage
I have to say that I have been blessed with the best husband in the world. I am so thankful for Jon's love for me. I really
don't deserve such an incredible husband.

8. Good Health
Praising God for our good health. Lately so many friends have been experiencing some serious health trials and even though I know that any day it could be any of us, I choose to praise God today for keeping us well and out of the hospital!
7. Ministry
It has been a great year of ministry, not only for Jon but also for me. I have enjoyed being able to serve my family first and foremost but so blessed for all the other outlets of ministry. I love it.
6. Samara
We are coming upon 3 years of living in Samara. This fall I have to say that I really have found my groove living in Russia. Sure some things still drive me nuts but now they are almost comical to me.
5. Josiah's 5th Birthday Party
I am such a horrible mom! This year is the very first "real" birthday party I have given Josiah. He had such a blast. Now all he talks about is his 6th birthday party. Gotta start planning now!!

4. Nathan's Wild Personality
Nathan is crazy. He makes me laugh all day. I can hardly keep up with the kid! By the end of the day I am pretty much exhausted. But isn't great that he loves life so much, even at 3 in the morning. This kid wants to party in the middle of the night every once in a while, especially lately which explains the dark circles under my eyes.

3. 30 Years in America
December marked our journey from Argentina to California. 30 years ago the Lord brought us to the USA. At that time we had submitted Visas to Australia and America. My father had said that whichever country gave us the Visa first would be the country we go to. Thankfully the USA won!!!!
2. A Ton Of Traveling
I think this is the year that we have traveled the most. Here are the places we have been in order. Russia (of course), Egypt, Germany, Israel, California, Oregon, Iowa, and Alabama. Not to mention all the States we did all our transitions in and drove through. During a 2 month period during the summer we had stayed in 13 different hotels and /or homes. Kinda crazy. Welcome to the life of a missionary!!
1. 22 Years of God's Grace
It was 22 years ago that the Lord saved me. It hasn't been an easy road for me but the Lord has poured His grace on my life. I remember being in Jr. High and loving ministry so much. I recall that I told God that I loved ministry so much that I wanted to one day marry a pastor or missionary. Praise God that He answered the desires of my heart!

Here's to another year!!!! Here we come 2009!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great year!
I hope 2009 is even better!