Sunday, April 26, 2009

Los Angeles Farmer Market and The Grove

I've been in California now for 30 years and I have never been to the L.A. Farmer's Market. So, on the first weekend we were here we took off to visit the Market. I have to admit, that it wasn't what I had in mind. I pictured men throwing fish (like from the movie "No Reservations"), I pictured a ton of flowers (like from "The Wedding Planner"), big french bread loaves sticking out of carton bags ("Sleepless in Seattle") and so forth. Thanks Hollywood for the mental images that I have of a farmer's market. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed.



Thankfully the Grove was right next door. The boys loved walking around and they especially loved the big fountain in the middle. We spent more time there than the Farmer's Market.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

we love going there! so fun!!

Heidi said...

Did you do the trolley? You seem to fit a lot of fun into your trips here, good job!

Natalie said...

No Heidi, we didn't go on the trolley. It wasn't operating quite yet. We were there a bit too early!