Monday, February 22, 2010

My Birthday Dinner

Saturday evening Jon and I got to go out on a date night and celebrate my birthday. So thankful once again for our Christina who is so great with the boys......it's such a good feeling to leave the kids with her knowing that they are in good hands and that they absolutely love her. Not to mention that they basically kick us out the door and tell us to leave.

I chose to go to "U Paleecha" for my dinner. It's an amazing Russian restaurant. I love their food. They also make delicious cakes which we love to buy on special occasions. The restaurant isn't too big inside and it is kinda hidden. You actually have to go downstairs to get to the restaurant.



It's kinda dark inside but it is really cute. I forgot to post the pictures of what it looks like inside so I will do that on the next post! The only bad thing is that they allow smoking in restaurants here so unfortunately some man came and sat right next to us and lit up.........bleh! We didn't let it get to us though.



I love this soup......it is called Solyanka. I could eat it every day and not tire of it. Jon had borscht. He says that this restaurant makes the best borscht and he should know since he has had borscht a ton!!



Here's me posing with the dill! A staple in every Russian meal. I had a yummy meat kinda pie. It was delicious.


Jon had polmeni which is a very typical Russian dish with "smetana" or sour cream...another staple in every Russian meal.

1 comment:

By the Brook said...

Happy Birthday to you! You look just lovely. Loved looking at and reading about the Russian foods. So interesting. Rick had only the highest praise for the missionary families in Russia.