Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Heavy Heart

We went to bed last night with heavy hearts for our friends Paul and Julie Lamey.  On Paul's Facebook status he wrote the following: "I'm about to take Julie to the doctor for what will likely be a difficult and life-changing visit. (James 4:14).  Please pray for us."  My very first thoughts and fears were that Julie had cancer.  Unfortunately this morning we woke up to find out that those thoughts and fears were realized.  Julie does indeed have colon cancer.  Julie is a bit younger than I am.  She has four little ones..........all under the age of 7.  I can't imagine that ride home from the doctor's office.  I also can't imagine being in her place because as a mom you automatically place yourself in that situation.  The Lameys are responding to this trial in a way that can only bring honor and glory to our God.  If you want to read more about Julie's new journey you can go here

So, for this week I am praising God for the Godly response and example that Paul and Julie are to me.  Paul is the pastor of Grace Community Church in Huntsville, Alabama.  The church is one of our supporters and throughout the past 4 years that we have been in Samara I can not begin to tell you how GCC of Huntsville and Paul have reached out to us.  Paul is a Godly man and has been a huge influence on my husband.  Julie is a Godly woman who is an amazing example of a submissive and supportive wife. 

My heart is really breaking for this family yet I KNOW that God is completely sovereign over ALL!!!  I am committing Julie and her family to prayer.  I am thanking the Lord for His sovereignty, His grace, and His comfort and praying that He will shower the Lamey family with all three.

These pictures were from our visit to Alabama in 2006.  Wil (their youngest at the time) and Julie were both sick as dogs with bronchitis plus Julie was pregnant with Maggie.........yet she was so selfless to meet our needs while we were there and to even take us all out sightseeing.  Isn't she beautiful?  The best part is that she is beautiful both on the outside and inside!!!! 



3 comments:

Scott said...

Thanks for sharing this. Praying for Julie and her family and thanking God for their testimony in Christ.

Unknown said...

gus told me last night and i too have had such a heavy heart. been praying for them and reallyreallyreally hope the Lord miraculously heals her!!!!

Natalie said...

Thanks for your prayers Scott. You may enjoy visiting Paul's (her husband) blog:
http://expositorythoughts.wordpress.com