Friday, April 16, 2010

Thankful, thankful, thankful........

No, I didn't forget to be thankful this week.  Here's this week's list:
  • Praising God for the new insights I've had in my time in the Word.  This is only my 4th time reading through the whole Bible in a year and I can't believe how much stuff I haven't noticed in the past.  For example at the end of Deuteronomy God keeps telling the Israelites to "remember" over and over again.  Unfortunately they forgot and suffered the consequences time and time again..........kinda like me.  It's been a great reminder for me to recall God's faithfulness in my life and to daily trust in Him in all things!
  • So grateful for the great time of fellowship we had tonight with the Repin family.  Roma(a student of Jons) and his family will move back to their hometown of Novorissysk at the end of May when he finishes his studies here.  It was great getting to know them and I'm super thankful because we were actually able to communicate real well in Russian!!!!
  • Thankful for the opportunity to trust in God as we wait on a response regarding our 3 year Russian visa.
  • Thankful that this week is over.  It's been a rough week with the boys.  I had many "Calgon take me away moments" :  )
  • Thankful also for the reminder that children really are a gift from the Lord!!!  I had to keep repeating this several times in the last few days.

No comments: