Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Days 120 - 126

These strawberries were from Krasnodar, Russia and they were absolutely delicious and some of the best strawberries I have ever had.  I usually don't buy strawberries here because they are super duper expensive but it seems like the prices keep dropping every year! 

Unfortunately for the owners of this car, there isn't much left.  I have a feeling the car was stolen and then stripped of some parts and the license plate.  What a bummer.  Some friends of ours recently had their car stolen.  We have heard that Russian made cars get stolen often for the parts.  Thankfully we have a foreign car!

These are underground cellars.  People store their vegetables down in these.  In Novosibirsk they were everywhere but this was the first time I ever saw them here in Samara.

The boys are hunting for bugs.  This day we got to go to our church picnic and had a blast of course.

Grating carrots for a carrot cake.  Not crazy about grating much of anything.

 These beauties were in the untamed bushy area by the square where the boys play outside our building!  What a pleasant surprise.

WET PAINT!  Our benches in the square by our building got painted.  Which reminds me of the time I was pregnant with Nathan and I didn't know the benches were painted.  You can can guess what happened.  I sat down and when I got up my behind was all yellow!  Thankfully this time there were some signs.

1 comment:

Karla said...

Your picture of the stolen car made me wonder if you were in Arizona. We've had a car stolen (which surpringly was found in one piece) and a catalytic converter stolen out from under our truck. It might surprise you how similar Russia is to AZ. Most things stolen here end up being used for drugs or end up on the other side of the border.