Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Elephant Stew

When Jon's grandma "Ladybug" passed away, Judy, my mother-in-law gave me one of grandma's cookbooks.  The cookbook is from 1972 and is a Methodist Cookbook.  There are some real great recipes in there and throughout the cookbook there are some real silly ones.

Recently, I have been scouring my cookbooks for some new recipes.  I don't know if it's because of the warmer temperatures or the fact that we will be going to the States in a couple of weeks but I just haven't felt like cooking or baking lately.

I came across this recipe the other day and I must have been real tired because when I read it, I couldn't stop laughing.


ELEPHANT SOUP

1 elephant (medium size)
2 rabbits (optional)
Salt and pepper

Cut the elephant into small, bite size pieces.  Add enough brown gravy to cover.  Cook over kerosene fire about 4 weeks at 465 degrees.  This will serve 3,800 people.  If more are expected, two rabbits may be added.  But do this only in an emergency; as most people do not like hare in their stew!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

soo funny! i have my grandma's cookbooks and there's some funny stuff in there too! cant wait to see you in a few weeks!!

Mrs. Dan said...

That's great! :)

Isaac Wilson said...

That is fantastic!