Monday, October 18, 2010

Columbus Day



October 11 was Columbus Day, so I decided to take a break from our regular school day 
and concentrate on a lapbook project pack.  I have never done one of these before and the
concept is entirely new to me so I did the best I could.  The idea is to concentrate on one 
subject and to take a good amount of time to go through but we did this in one day considering
that Jojo is only 7 years old.  One of the best things about homeschooling is that I get to learn
right alongside of Jojo.  We learned some real interesting facts about Christopher Columbus and
then I did my own research on the internet and found some more interesting facts.  Lapbooks are
a lot of fun.  This one on Christopher Columbus came from here and on the top menu they actually
have some freebies you can download!

1 comment:

Leonie Kuypers said...

Awesome! You did a great job - I like that concept and will have to try it out sometime. I love how much I get to learn from homeschooling too!