Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Yes, I do realize that I am 2 days late but we celebrated Thanksgiving tonight with our family and some friends.  We really enjoyed our evening and even though it was a lot of work to get the whole meal ready...........it was really so much fun.  The menu for dinner was as follows:
Turkey  (my second time making one, our first time in Russia)
Green Bean Casserole (recipe from The Pioneer Woman )
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy (recipe from my friend Heather)
Corn
Stuffing (recipe once again from The Pioneer Woman )
Dinner Rolls (recipe from The Mother Huddle )
Broccoli Salad (this is Jon and Zhenya's favorite)

For dessert:
Pumpkin Cream Pie (recipe once again from The Pioneer Woman )
Chocolate Peanut Clusters (recipe from my friend Heather again)
Cheesecake Balls (recipe from Econobusters)

These were yummy and super easy to make!

Jon likes raisins in his stuffing so he got his own!


Thankfully the turkey came out super moist!  It's been two
years since we've had turkey so it tasted so good.




And this is the turkey that our friends brought!!!



Everyone enjoying the meal.

Then we worked off the meal with some Wii action.


So last but not least I am so thankful for my beautiful family.  
The Lord has blessed me with a great husband and two
beautiful and healthy boys.  And I am also grateful for the 
friends we've made here in Russia.  Such a blessing to be
surrounded by like-minded believers.


No comments: