Friday, January 14, 2011

Science

Last semester we studied plants.  One of our projects was to plant some seeds.  I think I was more excited about the whole project than Josiah.
                          We had to soak our corn and green pea seeds overnight.



We then planted the seeds and let them sit on a window sill to get some 
rays, but this is Russia so we had to sit them under a light on most days.




After several days we got some plants!  



And then we pulled the plants out and I was so surprised to see how the 
plants grow out of the seeds.  Don't ask me why I was surprised, but 
it was just real cool to see that.  I am not a green thumb but this
project made me excited about possibly one day having a garden.



1 comment:

fredsgirl said...

What an awesome mom you are. The next time you're on furlough, you'll have to take the kids to Huntington Library - they have a killer, hands-on science building!