Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Celebrating Passion Week

Since the boys are getting older, I thought it would be a good idea to take them through the chronological order of the events that happened leading up to the crucifixion and then resurrection of Christ.  On Monday we learned about the Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem.  I had the boys make some "palm leaves" after I told them the story.





On Tuesday Jon gave a narration of Christ cleansing the temple.  It's amazing how much Josiah remembers throughout his few years about these stories.  It's fun to see it all "click" in his little
head as he recalls certain events that we've talked about in the past.  At one point when Jon said
something, Josiah replied "No way Hosanna"...............like as in "No way Jose".  It was kinda hard not to giggle.  

One thing I learned this week was that Palm Sunday could probably more accurately be called Palm Monday according to accurate dating.  It's fun to learn alongside the boys and I'm thankful for my husband who can clear up many things for us and teach us new things also.


1 comment:

Susan said...

"No way, Hosanna!"

Love it!

Beautiful post!