Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Transport

I mainly get around town on foot or by transport.  Usually Jon is gone Monday - Friday during the day so if there is anywhere far I want to go on those days I have to take transport.  When I lived in California, I took the bus once in my life.  I remember thinking how odd it was, but here in Russia it is a way of life.

Taking transport with both boys is another story and in the winter time it can be quite an ordeal but I have it easy considering that 2 of my fellow team mates have 4 or more children.  Driving a car is something I once took for granted.  There are many days when I wish I could just throw the kids in the car and get away somewhere.  Over a year ago we added my name to the papers in order for me to be able to drive here but I have only done so on a few occasions.  The other drivers here are insane plus the road conditions are pretty scary.  Not to mention my constant fear of getting pulled over by a police officer or running someone over with the car.  Oh, and I totally forgot about the traffic...............it can at times put the 405 freeway to shame on a Friday afternoon.  So, I pretty much stick to my two feet and transport.

 
The boys waiting for our "marshrutka" so we can meet daddy for lunch.

1 comment:

Laura Waters said...

I am totally impressed about the marshrutka! I hated it in Kz, but loved the bus and tram and of course walking.