Thursday, February 23, 2012

Week 21 Sticky Buns

This past week has been crazy! Thankfully yesterday I was able to take a day off and catch up. No school, no commitments, just catching up on everything that has piled up these last few days. It was also my birthday so I got to celebrate a little with my 3 men!

Tuesday I had small group and baked these wonderful sticky buns. I don't want to toot my own horn but these turned out great! Actually all of the Pioneer Woman's recipes turn out great. I did make some additions and subtractions. First of all I didn't have any milk so I used buttermilk instead for the dough. I also used to apples because I wanted a more appley taste. One thing I didn't do were the last few steps for the dough........I didn't add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. I totally forgot to!!  But, they turned out amazing anyway and real, real moist. It was worth all the time it took to make them. These were definitely worth the brown sugar usage and I'll most likely be making them again!!!

No comments: