Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Parthenon Museum

By the time we finished all our walking and touring of the Agora, Mars Hill, and the Parthenon we were exhausted!!! We were given some time to do some souvenir shopping which of course I mysteriously regained my stamina for. We then met up at the museum, which had amazing air conditioning, to observe all the articles found in the ruins of the Parthenon and the Acropolis. The museum is actually built on top of some ruins and they have amazing glass floors which you can look down upon the ruins.

Photography was only allowed on a couple of the areas so we didn't get too many photos.

                                                      A small scale model of the Acropolis.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

You were one of those suckers who went to the museum?? I was officially out of patience for anything old or looking like ruins. Not my husband. He went to the museum too. But I had so much fun shopping!! What a fun trip. That was one of my favorite days, in Athens, for sure!! Glad that you enjoyed the museum.