Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thankful Thursday

It's time for "Thankful Thursday" again.  No matter how difficult life is or how deep the trial, one can always find so much to be thankful for.

1. I'm praising God today because of the truth of His word. Philippians 4:6 says to be anxious for nothing and to pray instead. Then in verse 7 we read that if we are faithful to do our part God will provide the peace we need. There have been some days where I can feel a wave of anxiety come over me but I then bring it to the Lord and He is faithful to provide the peace I need.

2. I'm also thankful to the Lord for the opportunity to serve in a different capacity. Since we are not too sure yet where we will be living or what church we will be attending, it's almost impossible to really plug in somewhere and serve but the Lord has provided me with an opportunity that has been a real blessing. One of my mother's friends has started a Facebook group for Christian women but it's for Spanish speaking women. There are literally women all over the world who have "liked" this page and tune in every day for the daily quote or devotion on this page. Shortly after arriving in California my mom's friend asked if I would like to share devotionals on the page. After prayer and getting Jon's input I agreed. Thankfully my mom's friend translates the devotionals because even though I speak Spanish fluently........my grammar is atrocious!

and lastly.......
3. I'm grateful for the time I've had to be with family and friends.


No comments: