Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Countdown- Day 18

Christmas is almost here! We will be taking a two week break from school after this week so there is much excitement and anticipation in our home. I am slowly wrapping the gifts, preparing the menus for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, baking, and trying to keep the boys calm.

Today's verses were Luke 2:19-20 "But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart. And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, as it had been told them." Can you imagine being 13 and being told that the Child in your womb was to be the Savior of the world? I love how scripture says that she treasured and pondered these things in her heart. Later on in Luke 2 and several years later, Jesus stayed behind in the temple in Jerusalem without the knowledge of Joseph and Mary while they  returned to Nazareth. He was "lost" for 3 days! As a parent I would have been frantic. Thankfully they found him and Jesus basically rebukes them telling them that He must be in His Father's home.......He was 12!  In verse 51 we read, "And he went down with them and came to Nazareth and was submissive to them. And his mother treasured up all these things in her heart." Once again Mary treasured these things in her heart! My prayer today is that I would treasure Jesus and His words in my heart.....it's so easy to get caught up in the things of this earth that I lose sight of the eternal.

Oh, and today the boys got a treat! A Hershey's chocolate bar.  I don't have a picture though!!

No comments: