Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Last Days as a 39 Year Old

I'm turning 40 on Saturday! I can't believe it.....but I hear that 40 is the new 30 so I'm not stressing out too much. This past weekend we celebrated February birthdays with my family. My oldest sister and my niece also celebrate their birthdays in February.



I got some nice gifts.........especially from my boys. I have been without a cell phone for the last 9 1/2 months. I've definitely enjoyed being unreachable. I've also enjoyed seeing the looks on people's face when they ask for my cell number and I tell them I don't have one! It's really priceless. So, my hubby was kind enough to boost me into the 21st century with a nice phone.

Now that the nieces and nephew are older, it is rare for all of us to be together at family get-togethers. The older three work now and have busy schedules. My oldest niece was able to come at the very end.

Time to open gifts.

Since today is my last day as a 39 year old, I am off to enjoy this beautiful sunny day!

5 comments:

Rohit Singh said...

belated happy birthday....i m too 39..turn into 40 in coming may..

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie and happy birthday!

Am I correct that you and your family used to live in Samara, Russia?

Me and my family is thinking of moving there for job purposes. how long did you stay and how did you find the experience?

Cheers

Natalie said...

Thank you, Rohitash!! 40 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!!


Anonymous- we were in Samara for over 7 years. I really enjoyed living in Russia. Samara definitely has it's challenges but in general our experience was great.

Admin said...

Nice good blog
Take look here very informative blog
Oldschooldocs
Thanks

Susan said...

Hi Natalie,

You are truly blessed to not appear to be 40 at all! Happy belated birthday to you, enjoy the nice California weather. I lived in So Cal 40 years before moving...and recently moved to Canada. It is wonderful, I love it here, but the winter has been a long one this year. Enjoy you "new 30's" :)