Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Women Walking Wisely

One of the biggest blessings about being back at my home church has been participating in women's ministries. Our Sunday school class hosts a monthly women's study called Women Walking Wisely. This past Monday we had a potluck and it was so encouraging to fellowship with the ladies who sit at my table. I have a real neat group of ladies and a Titus 2 older woman as my co-leader. This group of ladies consists of different ages and positions in life. We are all learning so much from each other.

Since we had a special time this past Monday the leaders all provided the centerpiece and paper goods for their table.  I am not creative at all but there is Pinterest.......thank God! So, I pinned several different pins and added a "spring centerpiece board" to my account. I combined a few ideas and came up with the following:


Pin It
The centerpiece was quite inexpensive and most people probably have these things on hand. I bought a wooden tray at Michael's and painted it white. I used 2 tin pineapple cans, painted them an ocean blue, and wrapped some burlap around them. I had a mason jar which I also wrapped with burlap and white ribbon attaching a pretty paper flower. The pretty white bird was on clearance at Michael's. I topped off the "vases" with fresh yellow flowers.

My paper goods matched the centerpiece.....



The best part of the evening was getting to spend it with these special ladies.......

2 comments:

Susan said...

Nicely done! Simple, crafty, elegant and cheap! These are a few of my favorite things :)

Natalie said...

Me too, Susan!!!