Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Oxnard Maritime Museum

Since Josiah is studying American History this year I thought we'd try out the Maritime Museum located in Oxnard. We've been learning about the early explorers and was hoping they'd have some boat models of this time period.........thankfully they did!

It's always fun to make history come alive!   



There were also some other amazing models............



Bible lesson? Yes, Jonah could have fit into the mouth of a great fish..... 

The museum is situated right on the harbor and every once in a while sea lions come and visit.....I was too slow with the camera though.




The museum isn't too expensive. I bought a Groupon deal and it was $10 for all 4 of us. A docent leads you around and the one we had was quite informative! I learned a lot and bonus points.......this trip counted as a field trip! Yay! And yes I have become that homeschool mom!

No comments: