Saturday, February 4, 2017

The Endeavour at the California Science Center

I remember when we lived in Russia and the Endeavour was coming to it's final resting place at the California Science Center. There was a ton of footage of the special flyovers and I remember thinking how I wished I could be there to see the Endeavour fly over my head. Then there was the almost impossible task of getting the shuttle to the museum. It was so cool seeing the engineering that took place to get that huge shuttle to DTLA. I also remember wanting to be in that crowd as the Endeavour was painfully and slowly wheeled down the streets of Los Angeles.

I was super excited to see the Endeavour as were the boys. It was pretty breathtaking walking into that huge hall and seeing it for the first time.






Before you walk  into the hall where the Endeavour is there are smaller exhibits to look at! We especially liked the mission control. They also were showing video of the astronauts in the Endeavour while it was on a mission! They even had the toilet from the Endeavour...so funny!






I was a little surprised how "rough" looking the shuttle was but I suppose it's been up in space several times! I have to tell you though that the boys were not so impressed once we walked into the hall. They thought we'd be able to go inside the actual shuttle! Probably should have told them beforehand!

No comments: