Sunday, August 10, 2008

Idle Worship


This is the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. According to most Bible scholars this is the probable location of the crucifixion and tomb of Jesus Christ. Unfortunately it has become the location of several different religions competing to see who has the most contrite worship. The location of Golgotha and the tomb have become "altars" of false worship. It was really an eerie experience to be in this church. I am so thankful that I praise a living God and that I have direct access to Him. Being in this building made me so grateful that God poured His grace on my life and saved me!


Golgotha

This is supposed to be the dressing table of Jesus Christ. There is a big slab of marble over it. It was really sad to see people pray on it, kiss it, and basically worship an icon.

No comments: