Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Josiah Wants Open Stomach Surgery

Josiah loves to play with his Legos Star Wars pieces!! He loves to put them in peculiar situations. Often times I hear Josiah screaming "MOM" and I come running into the room only to realize that his Storm Troopers are carrying on some sort of conversation with their mother. Often times the Storm Troopers take on Batman or the Transformers or any other toy Josiah can find. But, one of his favorite things to do is to take the Storm Troopers apart. Some parts of the Storm Troopers don't come off very easily so he often pulls them apart with his teeth.

Today we had a very tragic event take place in our home. As I was getting dinner ready I heard one of Josiah's infamous meltdowns. Now that he is older they don't happen as often but today was an exception. He was distraught and I could hear him coughing and crying and screaming about something. At first I thought that maybe Nathan did something to him but as I got to the room he was crouched over in utter despair. He kept mumbling something to me and I couldn't make it out. At first it sounded like he was saying "sharp". I got him to calm down enough to tell me what had happened and then he told me "I swallowed his arm..........bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". He was totally inconsolable. I was trying really hard not to laugh. He then went on to tell me that we had to go to California so that he could go to the hospital and have his stomach cut open so that Dr. Tamashiro (his pediatrician) could take the arm out. Eventually he did calm down and I used the opportunity to tell him the consequences of our sin. You see, often times - well more like a million times- I tell him that it is not a good idea to bite the pieces off his Storm Troopers. I tell him that the pieces can get ruined or that his teeth can crack. I never thought of him actually swallowing a piece!!! What happened this afternoon in a sense was a consequence of his disobedience.

Tonight before going to bed he asked me to hit his back hard so that he could throw up the arm. Then he asked me if I could cut his stomach open to take the piece out. There is one possible way we can get the arm back but I haven't mentioned it because I'm not quite sure if I want to go there.

IMG_2831

2 comments:

rick said...

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Unknown said...

hahaha!!! ok you have to let us know if you decide to go there and find the arm...