Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Past - Day 8

Christmas 2004
Was blogging around in 2004? I really wish I would have done a better job of jotting down all my thoughts about living in a foreign land. It has been fun going back to the past years of Christmas but I think 2004 has been my favorite so far. Russians love to celebrate holidays and Christmas/New Year is no exception. Actually the New Year celebration is the biggest holiday here. You see, during the Soviet Union Christmas wasn't really celebrated and so New Year became the main holiday to gather with family, have a great big feast, and to give presents.

Here I am with my head covering and looking super pale because I barely wore any makeup to church on Sundays. I really didn't like wearing head coverings and honestly I struggled with the idea of having to submit to a "tradition" that I didn't agree with but oh well. I got through it. At least I didn't have to do much with my hair on Sundays!
DSC01619

Celebrating after church.
DSC01621

Josiah and the three kings!
DSC01631

1 comment:

The Chau Family said...

Wow, hard to believe so much time has past. Does Russia feel like home yet?