Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Heart

When I joined Facebook and started blogging I chose to never comment on political issues or to not even get too deep with my status updates or blogs. I also made a choice to never complain about the weather or illnesses. I'm sure I may have broken these rules in the past but I do try to keep an active awareness of the kinds of things I DON'T want to express. Lately on Facebook and even on a couple of blogs (of people who I don't really know but admire) I have noticed a ton of complaining about anything and everything. It could be that I am trying to be sensitive to having a complaining heart in my own life that brings these things to light or maybe it's because I am trying to teach my boys to not complain or whine so much! Anywho, as a result I am starting to keep a weekly little log of the things that make my heart happy!

1. Jojo told me I looked pretty : )
2. I caught the boys hugging and telling each other "I love you".
3. Rick Holland came to Samara!!!
4. Jon washed the dinner dishes..........again!!!
5. Finally found a great fudge recipe.
6. Being able to wake up before the boys do and get some time in the Word and in prayer.

What made your heart happy this week?

2 comments:

azuremle said...

Thanks for this timely reminder and for going a bit deeper in this post! Elijah's kisses, Anna's secrets (usually "Mummy I love you and love playing with you!") and Rosie's giggles make my heart happy!

Karla said...

That's a great idea!