Saturday, March 20, 2010

Days 71 - 77

Finally rice that doesn't stick together.  A big thank you to Heather for advising me on which kind of special rice I need to buy!

On our way to Russian school on the tram.

Another fresh layer of snow and a view of the entrance to our twin tower building next door.

Had to go to the "market" or "Reenuk" to buy chicken breasts.  Lately I can't seem to find any locally.  I would love to take a picture inside but you're not allowed.  Lots of different sections inside.  Fruits, veggies, the meat section which would gross most people out, spices, dried fruits, fish, breads, etc.  You pay at each stand, so for example I bought cookies, chicken breasts, some veggies, and napkins and paid 4 different people at 4 different locations for the things I bought.  I don't normally shop here but sometimes if I can't find something in my area I go here.

There was a big Samara club soccer game on this day.  At all the bus stops there were groups of people with their Samara scarves on waiting for transport to get to the game.

My monthly self-portrait.  It's not a great one and kinda blurry.  This is by our mailboxes at the entrance of our building.  I was on the way to our wive's group meeting.


1 comment:

Scott said...

Thank you so much for the pictures. So glad to share this experience of Grace with you. our Love in Christ to all.