Thursday, April 29, 2010

Days 113-119

Dr. Walter Kaiser was here this week teaching an intensive on the lives of Elijah and Elisha.  We had the privilege of having him for dinner. 

I just love bath tub pictures.  The boys have a lot of fun in the bath tub together.  Usually the time is cut short because Nathan starts splashing and throwing water all over the place.

It's Lays chips!  We can get a variety of "flavors" here.  This one is a premium one of mozarella with pesto sauce.  They were actually pretty good.  I tried the other premium chips yesterday.......lamb with eggplant and roasted tomatoes.  There are also the regular chips but with some different flavors.  In Novosibirsk we could buy paprika chips which were actually my favorites.  Here in Samara you can get bacon, crab, or even red caviar chips.

It's a play date with Isaac.  The boys were actually pretty good together.  At the beginning they were talking up a storm.  I wish I would have recorded the things they were talking about.  SO FUNNY!!!

On this day we all got out to the park.  It was a gorgeous day and so nice to be out. 

My self portrait for this month and yes I am behind the wheel.  My first time in Samara.  Needless to say it was quite a scary trip but I got away with no popped tires and no fender benders!!!!

There is a lot to say about this picture.  Yes, Samara does have an IKEA but no it is not open.  When we first were thinking about coming to Samara our team leader's selling point was that Samara was getting an IKEA!!!  Wow, we thought!  GREAT!!!  4 years later and we're still waiting.  It seems that there is a little too much corruption in Samara and IKEA won't do things the crooked way.  Last we heard was that the building wasn't retrofitted for tornadoes and so the city wasn't giving them the proper documents to open.  Which is really funny because I don't think there are any tornadoes in Samara!!!

No comments: