Friday, April 30, 2010

Still Thankful

It's not that I haven't been thankful lately, it's just that I was hoping to tell you how thankful I was about receiving news about our 3 year temporary residency visa BUT we still haven't heard.  We even had our friend Christina call the office and they told her we had to wait for our letter..........which only the Lord knows when it will get here.  Soooooooo........here's what I have been thankful for lately:

  • I'm learning to be thankful to wait on the Lord for His will regarding our visa status.  Waiting on God is something that has never been easy for me and it just so happens that I am currently studying Philippians 4:10-23 and one of the themes is contentment in our circumstances.  
  • Yay........our first official homeschooling year is almost over.  Josiah has done extremely well in Kindergarten and it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be.  I am actually excited about First grade.  I've also learned a lot about myself, mainly negative things about myself and how the Lord has been working on my heart.  I definitely won't be receiving the teacher of the year award but one positive thing is that I'm learning from my mistakes and how to improve.
  • I'm grateful for the opportunity to come alongside some of the women in our church to organize our first ever women's conference.  We will have our first meeting this Sunday and we plan on having the conference in the beginning of June.  Not a lot of time to plan but we attend a real small church.
  • I'm extremely thankful for the end of a school semester for Jon.  He has really enjoyed teaching this year but on top of Russian lessons and serving in the church it has really been quite a busy time but that's what we're here for so I'm not complaining.  
  • Praising God for a healthy Spring so far.  
  • And I am thankful for all the fun things coming up on our calendar in the next couple of weeks!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you're so sweet! i'm very thankful for these posts :) and i can't wait to see you in the summer!!!