Thursday, May 20, 2010

Days 134-140

Igor from Novosibirsk Seminary is here in Samara teaching our pastors about the history of the Russian Union of Evangelical Baptists.  We know Igor from the year we ministered in Novosibirsk.  It was fun having him for dinner and catching up on life in Novosibirsk. 

On this day we went to our pastor's home for dinner and he prepared шашлык (shashleek).  It was delicious but even better was the fellowship.

Waiting for our transport.  Here comes the tram but it's the number 4 and we need the number 3! 

I know, I know.  I let you all down but I totally forgot to take a picture this day and I can't believe it.  I felt like crying about it. 

Neighborhood boy at church watching the church kids play with chalk.  Our church is in a pretty rough neighborhood surrounded by a lot of gypsies and criminals.  Makes it a little tough to reach out to the neighborhood but everyone tries.

I had a little time for scrapbooking.....I am a bit behind.

Yay.....at this point we only had 3 more lessons to finish our "Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Lessons".   It was beautiful outside so we headed out in the warm sun to do some reading.

No comments: