Thursday, May 20, 2010

Continuing to be Thankful no Matter What!

As you saw in my project 365, there is a picture of our letters regarding our 3 year visa.....that we were actually approved.  Even though this is great news for us it has proven to be a bit more work to actually get that visa into our passports.  As I write this, Jon just returned from an office where we are supposed to get fingerprints done and to work out our current living situation.  It is too much to explain and difficult to understand even for us but I will just say that there are even more questions and even more roadblocks to actually get this visa!  Nonetheless, as you can imagine it has been quite frustrating and difficult for me to maintain a heart of gratitude but I am trying!!!  So, here are some things that I am thankful for :

  1. My ironing load has decreased mainly due to Jon being finished with teaching.....I am definitely so grateful for this!!!  Ironing is not one of my favorite chores.
  2. Kindergarten is almost coming to an end.  Josiah has done real well and I am so thankful we got to home school!  It is a great reward to hear him read, to see him write, and to see how he has developed a love for Math.....one of my least favorite subjects in school.
  3. So extremely grateful for God's Word and all the truth and promises contained in it.  Also thankful for God's faithfulness in my life and how Scripture is so clear regarding His characteristics.  Not only does His Word allow me to grow in my walk but it also allows me to cling to His truths for comfort.
  4. Thankful that Jon is starting to feel better.  He's been dealing with a sinus/allergy thing and it's been so hard on him and absolutely tires him out.  I'm just happy not to deal with a sick hubby in the home.  For all you wives...........you know exactly what I mean !!!
  5. Grateful for our friends/teammates/and neighbors the Moorheads who watched the boys Friday evening so Jon and I could go out on a date.  I always appreciate uninterrupted time with my husband.
  6. And extremely and abundantly and over thankful for my friend Christina and all her hard work on our behalf to help us with our visa.  Not to mention the amazing babysitter she is and how our boys love her.  Most grateful though for her friendship to me.!!!!!

No comments: