Friday, September 24, 2010

I Heart G.H.



I absolutely love the city I grew up in.  We moved to Granada Hills
in 1980 and it is all I know.  I have on occasion been referred to as a
valley girl and it is a title that I will gladly take on!  I love walking 
around Chatsworth St. where this sign is and seeing all the familiar
spots and stores such as the Jack In The Box my friends and I would
go to in Jr. High after school, the liquor store where I would go buy
candy, the Karate studio where I took lessons, the hair salon where I 
got my hair done for prom and for my wedding, Stein Mart which used
to be the U.A. movie theaters which is where my friends and I hung out
every Friday night, Rite-Aid which used to be Thrifty's where I'd buy ice 
cream and where my Jr. High friend Alexis stole a picture of River Phoenix 
from one of those teen magazines and I thought we'd totally get arrested.
Chatsworth Street is literally a trip down memory lane for me!

We just noticed this past summer that this tribute 
to veterans was put in not too far from my mom's 
home. 

Here is the statue closer up.  There are bricks on the
ground that people have purchased right in front of
the statue.  


1 comment:

rick said...

Ah yeah. And now there is Menchie's!