Sunday, September 5, 2010

Locks of Love

So, I did it!  I chopped off my hair.  I have been growing it out for the last couple of years.  I donated 12 inches to Locks Of Love.  It wasn't a hard decision for me to make.  I did it once before when Jojo was 9 months old.  Jon wasn't excited about it at that time and had second thoughts about the whole process.  I don't know what it is with men and long hair but for some reason men prefer it?!  The second time around wasn't a big deal for Jon because he actually loves the way my hair looks short and long!

So why did I do it?
1.  Hair grows back and my hair grows real fast.
2.  My long hair can sometimes be a sort of security blanket for me.    When my hair is short it makes me feel insecure in a way and for some reason or another this is a good thing for me.
3.  In memory of my friend Nichole Greene who died of cervical cancer last year and in honor of my friend Julie Lamey who is undergoing chemotherapy for colon cancer right now. 
4.  Pride.  My long hair is probably the one thing I get the most compliments on so it's good for me to get rid of it for a while.




2 comments:

rick said...

Shweet! It looks good!

Leonie Kuypers said...

What a sacrificial act! I like your hair both long and short too!