Saturday, November 20, 2010

Countdown To Thanksgiving - Day 7

As you well know Russians obviously don't celebrate Thanksgiving.  So, as you can imagine it can be a little difficult to get into the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday.  This year though since Josiah is older I am trying to help him realize the importance of this special day and making an attempt to celebrate the best we can.  Our big Thanksgiving celebration will culminate a week from today.  I am going to have a big Thanksgiving dinner and have some of our Russian friends over for a traditional American Thanksgiving meal.

I begin our countdown though with a fall wreath the boys made for Thanksgiving.  The first step to making this wreath was to head into the forest and collect acorn tops.  Of course the boys did otherwise while I worked.


We then painted the inside of the acorn tops.

Then I glued the inside so that there would be a little bit of a shine to the paint.



Before we glued the acorns on, we made a paper plate wreath with leaves glued on.  



And here's the finished product!  A Thanksgiving wreath.


It wouldn't be a Thanksgiving countdown if I didn't express the things which I am thankful for.  
This year our family is extremely grateful that we received our 3 year temporary residency.  I
don't think I can truly express how thankful we are.  The best part about it is looking back on 
the whole process and seeing how God grew us as we waited upon His answer!

1 comment:

The Nordstroms said...

Looks like you are going to have a great Thanksgiving!