Sunday, July 24, 2011

Vacation : Day 1

Since we did not return to the States this summer we decided to take a little family vacation to Mallorca, Spain.  Mallorca is a part of the Balearic Islands...........I had never even heard of Mallorca until a couple of years ago when I was reconnected with my cousins and uncle via Facebook.  They all live there and since reconnecting they have been asking when we were going to come and visit!  I think I surprised them when I told them that it was going to be a reality.................this summer!  Thankfully we had frequent flier miles and my cousin Dario invited us to stay with him and his family.


1.  Before leaving for our trip I made these "treasure" containers.  The boys weren't allowed to see the contents.  Inside I included candy, cookies, crackers, and some new small toys.  The boys couldn't wait to see what was inside but they were only allowed to open it on the airplane.  It was a big hit!

2.  This is inside the Samara airport.  Unfortunately the flights to Germany now depart at 4:45 a.m. which means we have to leave our home at 1:15 a.m.  After getting hassled and questioned by passport control we were finally waiting to board our plane.

3.  This is my favorite article in the Lufthansa magazine.  I seriously look forward to this article every time we fly.  The idea of the piece is that they interview a famous artist/actor/singer and ask them what is in their carry-on.

4.  On the moving walkway in the Frankfurt airport getting to our gate to fly to Duesseldorf, Germany.

5.  Waiting at our gate to Duesseldorf.  The airplane was late meaning we were going to pretty much miss our connecting flight to Palma De Mallorca.  I look pretty exhausted in this picture.

6.  Taking the bus to get to our airplane to go to Duesseldorf.

7.  On the airplane to Duesdeldorf.  At this point making the connecting flight was going to be super duper tight if not impossible.

8. We actually made the flight and it was like a scene out of a movie.  I sent Jon ahead of the boys and I to find the gate while we waited for our stroller to come which seemed like F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!  As soon as I got the stroller I opened it up, threw put Nathan in it, and Jojo and I took off running.  Jon was nowhere in sight and I couldn't find the screen to check our flight............................................................................then as I rounded a corner I heard Jon yell my name.  We took off running and barely made our flight.  Jon was able to get the boys and I sitting together but he had to sit in the back.  We think they may have been holding our seats.  When we boarded the plane everyone was seated and waiting for the plane to take off.  This is also the flight where the flight attendant spilled Coke all over me.  She felt awful about it but I was just glad to be headed to Mallorca.

9.  Flying into Mallorca was just gorgeous.  The beautiful beaches were calling my name!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oooooo so fun! been looking forward to this post. cant wait to see/hear how everything went!!