Thursday, January 5, 2012

Stuck?! January 1st Sketch

So, this is my first time ever entering any sort of online sketch challenge. It is actually one of my goals for the year to enter 1 challenge so I am happy to cross it off my list. I really need to get to scrapping again and I figured this is a great motivation. Obviously living in Russia doesn't make things easier for this hobby of mine. I've basically got to work with whatever I have...........so as I compare my layout with others, I'm a bit embarrassed. Lot's of bling going on in so many layouts and  my style is pretty much classic. I always  desire that my photos be the centerpiece of a layout, but that's not saying that I don't like using bling or glitz because I certainly do.

So, here's the sketch:



And this is my layout.



I probably could have spent more time on this layout but
I needed to start somewhere. One thing is for sure though,
entering a challenge like this is great motivation to 
try my hand at more scrapbooking!



4 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Well done! It's great that you've entered the challenge ~ I came here from 'Stuck?!' to have a peek... love your colour combination:)

Aritha V. said...

Great! I like it. ( also the colors)

Natalie said...

Thanks ladies!

Debbie P said...

I know, entering a challenge can be daunting, but it's such a good feeling getting photos scrapped and it nudges us to do just that. I haven't been doing this for too long myself. Well done on your take of the sketch. Hope to see more of your work!