Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thankful Thursday

A while ago I started posting every Thursday about what I was thankful for. It was a good exercise for me in thanksgiving because so often I tend to have a heart that complains. It was so good for me to reflect upon all the blessings the Lord has brought my way that I think I really need to start again!

So here we go:

1. Today's biggest thanksgiving comes in the form of a phone call that I received from my doctor's office. Last week I had a biopsy done on a lump in my breast and thankfully the results are benign!!! PHEW! This past week I've been dwelling too much on the what ifs.....what if it's cancer? What if we can't return to Samara on Monday because of the results? What if? What if? What if? Today through Facebook I found out a friend just received news yesterday that her biopsy was malignant.....so this morning I called and left a message with the doctor. In all honesty I was afraid to make the call to get the results! So silly of me!

2. Praising God for an amazing summer! It has been a real blessing catching up with old friends and even making some new friends. It's been fun hanging out with my mom and 2 sisters. As a family we were also able to enjoy a mini vacation in San Diego this past week and we had a blast.

3. I'm thankful that we are returning to Samara on Monday. I miss my friends there. I miss our home. I miss ministry in general!

4. I'm also thankful for sermons and worship in English......what a blessing to my heart this has been. I've listened to some real challenging and amazing sermons taught by the gifted men at Grace Community Church. Plus being able to worship in song in English has been such a treat.



No comments: