Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thankful......

Fall has arrived in Samara! The days are getting colder, the leaves are changing colors, and we are in the thick of the school semester. This week I am thankful for:

1. The great book I am taking the ladies through in small group. It's called "What's It Like To Be Married To Me?" by Linda Dillow. I am grateful because the Lord has been teaching me so much already. This week's lesson was on complaining, more specifically on what it's like to be my husband when I am a nagging wife. One of the homework assignments was to wear a bracelet for 7 days.....the idea is that when you complain you take your bracelet off and switch it to your other wrist. It is a visual reminder of how much we complain. There's one thing I noticed and that I struggle with! Even though I may not verbally nag, gripe, or complain.......I do it inwardly in my heart. I would strongly suggest to try this exercise out for yourself.

2. Fall! Even though I absolutely love, love Summer, it is nice to have a true Fall. In California one doesn't really experience the seasons as we do here in Russia. I have to say that I am dreading winter so I am enjoying the Fall weather as much as possible. The leaves on the trees are beautiful. I don't get tired of the beautiful show the trees are putting on right now.

3. Overseas voting. Since everyone in the States is talking about the coming elections, I thought I would too. I am so thankful for the privilege to vote. My ballot arrived this week and since we'll be having a guest from the States here in over a week, he will be able to mail my ballot out in time for my vote to count! It's definitely a privilege not to be taken lightly. Actually, it is the main reason why I became a United States Citizen over 14 years ago. I wanted to VOTE!!!

I trust you are all being thankful too! I've learned this week that when we are complaining so much it's basically because we are not thankful people. Bottom line is that our complaints, though directed at our loved ones, are really directed towards God!!

No comments: