Thursday, November 22, 2012

Countdown To Thanksgiving : Day 2 and Thankful Thursday



It was a busy morning for me today. I baked my pumpkin so I could puree
it, got the pie crust ready, made a pumpkin roll for some gals who came over 
tonight, and made some chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting for a friend 
who just had a baby girl. Oh, and by the way, I totally goofed up on the 
countdown......I have 2 more days until Saturday!!! It was quite a productive 
day. Later in the morning we headed to the "market" to get our turkey and some
other items for our big dinner on Saturday. 


Here we are walking home from the market which 
is a good 20 minute walk from our apartment. I felt
like a total babushka with that cart but there was
no way I was toting that turkey without it!


Today I am counting my many blessings and thanking God for who He is and all that He has given to me! I have to confess that being away from family on a day like today is always a bit hard. This morning when I woke up, I was a bit sad but then reminded myself quickly that I need to have a grateful heart no matter what!  And so I am thankful for, 1. It's been a rough week with some issues pertaining to our friends but Monday brought about some great news which has been a great relief for us because the news also affected us. I can basically sum it up that God is in control and puts us through trials that we don't understand. At the end I thank God for justice and that when we have big doubts about how a situation may turn out, God is good enough to surprise us!  2. I'm thankful for my two boys. I got to confess it has been a rough few days with them. They have been pretty disobedient and I have been super impatient! I don't know if it's just my kids or what, but the discussion about Christmas and presents and how many more days until Christmas, etc. is driving me nuts. The boys don't seem content so we're trying to take this opportunity to teach them some lessons. At the end though, it seems like I am the one learning all the lessons. The way I see my kids must be the way God sees me and it really humbles me.  3. I'm grateful for my husband again of course. He has been super busy these past two weeks but still manages to think of us first and be concerned with our best. I really don't deserve Jon!!! 4. I'm thankful that I don't have to deal with all the crazy "Black Friday" stuff here in Russia. I can't believe some stores are actually going to be open today in America. It shouldn't shock me but at the same time I wonder what in the world is wrong! Now, don't get me wrong.......I would love to do the Black Friday thing but just not on Thanksgiving.


For my handful of American readers, I trust you will have a great day remembering all that you have to be thankful for and to whom that gratitude is to be expressed to!! Happy Thanksgiving!!



No comments: