Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

In light of the elections, I have to confess that this week was quite a challenging one for me to be thankful. It makes me so sad that the nation I grew up in is on such a steep moral decline. It shouldn't be shocking to me but the truth is that I was in tears over it.....but nonetheless I can look to the Lord in all of this and be thankful.

1. Praise God for His sovereign control and that in the midst of it all, it is He who has placed our nation's leaders over us. He knows what He is doing. He has a plan and so therefore I just need to trust Him.

2. I'm thankful for the little things that make my boys so happy. Such as a 7th loose tooth for Josiah, playing at their "new" favorite park, a nice cold drink of Coca Cola, Angry Birds Star Wars (seriously, my boys were up so early today because they were so excited about Rovio's new release today), Legos, and the anticipation of Christmas.

3. And I am extremely thankful for my husband who helps to put everything into a  Biblical perspective. He is so good at helping me look at things from a Godly worldview and leads me to a deeper understanding of God's Word.

4. Oh, and no snow yet for which I am extremely grateful for, but the winter gear is slowly coming out with the dip in temperatures.

1 comment:

Aritha V. said...

Despite the financial crisis and corrupt governments around the world, there are so many things to be thankful for. (Yes: a wobbly tooth and shining children's eyes). Our pastor gave us a nice thanksgiving text. Habakkuk 3: 17-19

Warm greetings.