Saturday, December 15, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Cookies - Nutty Fudge

One of the small purchases we make when we go to Disneyland is FUDGE! They have some amazing fudge. I personally am not a huge fan of fudge but every once in a while it's a nice treat. One bite and I'm good.
          Here we are when Jojo was 2 years old. Christmas time at Disneyland is one of my favorites!

But we're talking about fudge and even though I realize fudge is not necessarily a cookie, I decided to include it in my countdown. I have had this recipe filed away in my recipe notebook for a long time and since I brought back marshmallow creme with me from the States I wanted to give it a try.

Nutty Fudge
1 jar (7 1/2 ounce) marshmallow cream
1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 tsp vanilla

1. Line 8x8 pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
2. Combine the marshmallow cream, sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 5 minutes constantly. (Be careful not to burn the bottom...mine started to burn but thankfully it didn't affect the taste of the fudge)
3. Remove from heat and add both kinds of chocolate. Stir until mixture is smooth.
4. Add the nuts and vanilla and stir to combine. Spread the fudge into the foil-lined pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before cutting into squares.


Pin It

No comments: