Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

On New Year's Eve we pretty much stay inside. I thought this year it would be fun to have our own little family party. We started the evening off with a big dinner of Thai chicken wraps.  My friend Heather made them a while ago and I have been planning to make them on New Year's Eve ever since. The recipe is here at Mel's Kitchen Cafe blog


My friend Lori made the adorable tablecloth and napkins. We also had a couple of appetizers including Jon's favorite artichoke dip.


We then moved on to a family Wii bowling tournament where yours truly kicked major butt!





We then played some "Minute To Win It" games. We laughed quite a bit, especially when we played "Junk In The Trunk" (see picture of Jojo above). I will spare you the pictures of Jon and I playing that one. We played a marshmallow toss and eating the cookie......all within a minute of course.


We also did a year in review with the boys. The form basically asked some questions regarding the year and some personal info. I glued the forms in the journal of prayers and funny sayings I have for each of the boys.



We closed the evening by watching Hercules. We let the boys stay up until 11:00 which is super late for them. I don't think they would have made it to midnight!

It was a fun night and a great way to end the last day of the year. 2012 has been a year full of many blessings and lots of trials. 2013 will be a year of a lot of changes for us but I know that this year is in the Lord's hands.

No comments: