Saturday, January 19, 2013

Winter Bird Art

Last week we had some friends come over. The boys were off doing their own thing so I grabbed the three girls into the kitchen to work on an art project. I've been wanting to try this one for a long time now. I got the tutorial from Deep Space Sparkle .  This site is one of my favorites when it comes to art for the kids. Lots of amazing art lessons and they're geared for elementary age.

Supplies needed were:
construction paper
watercolor paper
watercolor paints
chalk pastels
scissors


I made my own watercolor paints using 2 cups boiled water, 2 tablespoons vinegar and food coloring. I then divided them into four containers and used different colors of food coloring. The great thing was that there was a lot of paint left over so we have a lot left for future use.

I think they turned out real pretty!





This project is perfect for the kind of snow we've been getting lately!!

No comments: