Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Saturday Adventure, Part 2

After our time at the post office we headed to KFC. This is one of our favorite places to eat and thankfully there are a few located around the city. During our lunch we discussed the Colonel's secret recipe. A while ago Jon told the boys that KFC has a secret recipe and for some reason the boys are so curious about it. Today Josiah said during our lunch that no one on the earth knows the Colonel's secret recipe but that God knows it because nothing is a secret to Him.  Then Nathan said that Colonel Sanders and his mommy were the best chefs ever! The boys have been saying some pretty funny things lately.



From KFC we headed out for some dessert to a brand new Baskin Robbins. There have been several Baskin Robbins around the city but I noticed recently that several have closed down. This one has it's own store whereas the other ones were just small stands at the mall. They even had Jojo's favorite flavor..........ROCKY ROAD!!!


We then headed to the market since Jon is coming home soon I thought it would be a good idea to fill my refrigerator. I haven't been there in a couple of weeks and the vendors I regularly go to were wondering where I've been. I took a couple of pictures even though you really aren't supposed to...I'm bad.......really bad.

This is the candy kiosk.....one of my favorites of course. I love
it because you can pick what you want and in whatever amounts
you want. Plus they also sell real yummy fresh cookies.



This is as we were leaving the market and as you can see 
there is meat on those counters. I have never bought any
meat from those vendors because I am terrified. It's always
a bit shocking to me to see slabs of meat on there or a pig 
hung up on the hooks. The boys are always so wide-eyed 
as we walk through that area. I love it though and the "rinok"
or market will be one of the things I will miss the most here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i tried to take pics in our grocery store once and they made me delete them from my camera :)