Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thankful Thursday

This is my first time posting a Thankful Thursday in the States. It doesn't matter where one lives, there's always so much to be thankful for.

1. Obviously I am grateful that the Lord kept us safe as we traveled. The boys did a great job as always. All the suitcases made it. No turbulence. Overall it was a great experience.

2. I am also thankful because we acclimated to the time change real well. We all slept all through the night from the very first night. This is a first for us! We even felt pretty good as the days went on.

3. I am especially thankful because I am feeling better. I woke up last Thursday with a bit of a toothache. At first I just thought my mouth hurt from sleeping so hard......like maybe I was just clenching my teeth real hard. By Friday and Saturday the pain continued but it was manageable with Tylenol and Advil. Unfortunately though by Sunday the pain was so severe that I was bedridden and in total agony. I couldn't handle it! I literally wanted to die.....I know, I know that sounds dramatic but that's how I felt. I was able to get into my dentist on Monday and by Monday afternoon I saw an endontist who re-did my root canal on a molar. Turns out I had two infections in my molar. By Tuesday morning I was myself again.

4. Yesterday I got to go to Every Woman's Grace at church. This is a woman's Bible study and I was really encouraged to be around other sisters in Christ. I'm thankful for the fellowship I had with several women and for the sound teaching.

5. I'm also thankful to see my family again. I've missed them all terribly of course and it's been fun to catch up with my sisters and mom. The boys and I have also been able to go to my niece's volleyball games at school which has been fun to be a part of.


No comments: