Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Part 2:San Diego Zoo and More Tips

 After my last post about the San Diego Zoo, I thought of some more tips I could share! So, here are the honorable mentions:

1. Don't Forget the Sunblock
Definitely take some sunblock. Even though a lot of the areas are well shaded you will be exposed to the sun. I saw so many sun burned people by the end of the day.


2. Petting Zoo and Children's Playground
My youngest really enjoyed the petting zoo. It's pretty low key and when we were there it wasn't crowded at all. Actually, it was just Nathan and one other kid. We went in the later afternoon and I think most are in that area first thing in the morning. There is also a fun playground close to the petting zoo and the kids had a lot of fun playing there while my husband and I relaxed.





Make sure you don't miss the insect house right around the corner
from the petting zoo. It was quite interesting and disgusting at the
same time!



3. Elephants
Take some time to see the elephants! Their exhibit is quite amazing and huge. While we were there around 10:00 a.m., one of the elephants was getting a "pedicure". It was so neat to be so close to the elephant. While one of the zookeepers took care of the elephant's huge feet, the other zookeeper shared some interesting facts about their elephants.






4. Take Your Camera
There are so many fun photo-ops at the zoo and I'm not just talking about the amazing creatures. The horticulture is amazing and makes amazing backdrops for nice pictures. There are also so many fun statues......but be careful when your kids climb them because on a very sunny day the statues can get pretty hot.








We had such a wonderful time at the San Diego Zoo! Hopefully we'll make it back there again soon!


No comments: