Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas Countdown - Day 1

I love counting down the days until Christmas with the boys. Last year we tried the Legos Star Wars countdown and the boys really enjoyed that.......except that they would often get upset about what the other brother got since they shared the countdown. The year before that we tried our own countdown where each day we did something special. This year we're doing our own countdown again thanks to lots of Pinterest inspiration. I have to confess that I have not planned out every single day but I was covered for today and I've thought of something for tomorrow. Here's what our countdown looks like......

As you can see it was super easy to make (just a little time consuming) with all materials I already had at hand. Each day I will also include a special Bible verse.

For day 1 the verses were John 1:1-5 and the boys each got a Hot Wheels car. They won't be getting a little gift all the time though, but sometimes they will, other times we'll bake something special, go do something special, or do a craft. Recently the boys volunteered at Children's Hunger Fund and they had a blast, so I am thinking of including that as part of one of the days. They loved it and it takes a little edge of having to wait for the big day to get here.


Come back tomorrow to see what we'll be doing for day 2!

No comments: