Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Countdown - Day 20

Can you believe I do not have one single picture for this day? Day 20 was Friday and it was just a bad day in our home. The boys were pretty restless trying to get through school. I became pretty impatient with them. By the time Jon got home from work I was so tired and not in the best of moods. Jon and I actually had to go to a client's Christmas party which ended up being a lot of fun and thankfully by the end of Friday I was in a better mood. That night when I got home I read my friend's blog A Deep Breath of Hope. I was really convicted by her post that day. She wrote about Proverbs 19:22 which says, "What is desirable in a man is his kindness." She then wrote the following: "When I keep my Savior's sacrificial love in front of me it is much easier to move through my days seeing my children as treasures to be cherished. I'm much more likely to be a gentle, tender mom who showers kindness on those closest to her. I want to live like Jesus. I want to love like Christ. I want to be kind to all with whom I come in contact, starting with my own children. After all, what is desirable in me is kindness."

Can I just have a do-over for Friday? Thankfully God's mercies are new every single morning and Saturday or Day 21 was much better!

We did read from Matthew 2:1-2 and our activity for the day was cinnamon rolls again.

No comments: