Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Joni and Friends

 Earlier this year the boys and I took a tour of Joni and Friends with our homeschool group. I found out that you can even schedule private tours, so when my mother in law visited I knew it was a great place to take her. My mom and mother in law love Joni so we all headed to Agoura together to take a tour.

On this tour we actually got to see her office and step into her little studio.
We were shown the paintbrushes that have teeth marks on the ends.

What a creative woman!

This year Joni celebrates a very special anniversary. 2017 marks 50 years since her diving accident that left her a quadriplegic. Most people wouldn't celebrate this type of anniversary but because the Lord used that accident to draw her to Himself she is happy to celebrate it. Joni and Friends does so much for the disabled community. It's quite humbling taking the tour and seeing all the ministry that takes place through Joni. I often find myself complaining about the smallest things, yet her life is so convicting. She's used this lifelong trial to glorify our Savior.

No comments: