Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Western Wall





One of the sites I wanted to visit when we were in Israel was the Western Wall. I have always been intrigued with it for some reason. I have often seen pictures of Jews praying there and leaving their requests in the crevices of the wall. I don't know how I can describe being there in person. I definitely felt a wave of sadness and many times I wanted to yell out "THE MESSIAH HAS ALREADY COME!". These Jews were very devoted as they offered their prayers with much fervor. As you can see in the pictures the women and men are divided. Our time there was brief but well worth it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yes that would be something i would like to see someday too. i also always feel sad for people who are so devoted to a empty religion. all of their work will only end them in hell. truly devastating.