Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me

This past Sunday was my BIRTHDAY! Yay. This was a very big deal in our home since it gave Josiah something to look forward to. He kept saying we were going to have a family party. He started counting down the days a week before my birthday and every morning he would come and find me and give me the official countdown. I couldn't let the poor guy down so I tried to make it a special day for me........sounds selfish but he loved it. I got some wonderful and thoughtful gifts from my very darling husband. A hilarious birthday card. Josiah loved on me all day long, he wouldn't even take off his church outfit off because he wanted to leave it on all day for mom's birthday. Later in the evening my dear friend Christina surprised me with her husband and Igor and his fiancee Masha. We sat around and chatted for a while. It was really a great day and there's nothing better than feeling loved by those who are the most important to you.....family and friends.


Josiah all ready to party!



Me being surprised by the beautiful earrings Jon gave me.



Another great gift my wonderful husband gave me.



Blowing out the candle.



Our favorite Russian cake we always buy.


The yummy cake Christina made with candles that wouldn't blow it.



Left to Right: Zhenya, Christina, Igor, and Masha

1 comment:

By the Brook said...

Happy birthday to you! Glad you could have such a fun day! You look lovely!